Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back To School.


In the immortal words of Billy Madison,


KELLYN THE BRANDT IS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL
& with that includes the insane level of anxiety that comes with it.

I went to Golden West from 2010-2011 before I got married. I had always planned to go back to school after I got divorced but I had to work full time in order to support myself. It was just never really a luxury that I thought I could have. I never knew what I wanted to do with my life and I didn't want to just spend my hard earned money to obtain a degree in something I wasn't completely stoked on. It just didn't make sense to me. Now after quite a few years, this will be me:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Surrounded by a bunch of babies.


After working in the medical field for the past 5 years including a medical records clerk, periodontal assistant and now the administrative assistant at a skilled nursing facility for over 2 years, I've now come to the conclusion of what I want to do. Ive always enjoyed working alone, as an INFJ, I'm drained by people easily and I work better in a secluded area. Ive finally made the decision to obtain my degree in medical transcription and billing. This way I will be able to work from home when I do decide to get married again and have kids. I want to be able to raise my children but I also feel the need to contribute financially to my family. I am an independent woman gosh darn it!

Recently my Mom has come back into my life, for which I am grateful.
Not to get into gritty details but I didn't have contact with her for a long time. It was always a relationship that I wanted to have but I thought that ship had sailed. She left her psycho ex-husband and is now with my current step dad, Mike, whom I actually respect and love. What a concept.

He previously worked at The University of Utah in the financial aid department and has been more than generous with my sisters and I to get our school situation figured out. I wouldn't have been able to do it without his support. I will be forever thankful for his encouragement to follow my dreams and offering to help wherever he can. I'm also thankful for him coming into my mother's life, loving her and helping her return back to the mom that I knew when I was little. I will always be grateful.

The thing that I'm most nervous about is going to school full time and working full time.
On top of that, I will be going through my egg donation cycle & returning to another semester of OCMCO. A choral organization I was accepted to sing First Alto in last semester. Oh, and then cultivating my current relationships. Needless to say this semester is going to a busy one. I hope I survive. (Only half joking)

Cheers-



No comments:

Post a Comment