Wednesday, September 23, 2015

You Deserve Better.

Naturally we accept what we think we deserve.
I think that we are all guilty of having this warped perception of ourselves.
Scientists have done a study that says, if we were to meet ourselves on the street, we wouldn't recognize that person. What others see is completely different than what we see.
For instance, I think that my profile is not proportionate, one of my eyes is higher than the other and I have a huge rib cage.
Are others going to really notice these things? 
No.
They're all more focused on the flaws they have.

We as people are way too hard on ourselves.
There comes a time that you need to turn over a new leaf and stop accepting the bullshit that you are constantly accepting in your life.
STOP IT.
I refuse to accept less than I deserve from now on.
 I will not keep people or things in my life that create negative energy.

I date. A lot.
I've found myself running around dating the same type of guy.
Ultimately resulting in getting screwed over, time and time again.
So to prevent that I've raised my standards and I'm done accepting what I don't deserve.
I'm not saying I want to get married tomorrow but my goal is to get married and have a family.
This is in preperation to weed out the boys and find a man.
These are the questions I ask myself.

Does the person you're dating make time for you?
I understand people get busy, I am one of them. I work full time and I go to school full time, but when I want to be with someone they know it. I show it.
I'd much rather get less sleep and be tired the next day than to go a day without seeing someone.
If you're not going to invest your time in me, I will not look like an idiot and waste my time on you.
If you really wanted to be with me, you would make the time.
End of story.
Period.

Are they considerate?
It's simple, do you have respect for me, my body and my choices?
Are you respectful of my time and efforts that I put into our relationship?
If we're out together, do you leave me alone?
Do you introduce me to your friends/acquaintances?
Do you take me out at all, in the first place?
Do you consider me a priority in your life?
No? There's the door.

Do they make an effort to meet or be integrated your family?
My family is the most important thing to me in the world.
If you have not made an attempt to spend time with them, or at the very least come to the door to pick me up and meet them, this isn't going to work.

Are they driven?
Im not asking if you're successful right this second, Im asking if you have goals and ambitions.
I can't have someone who lays on the couch and smokes pot all day.
I will be able to provide for my children but I would kind of appreciate help.
No job? No Kellyn Brandt in your life.
I don't mind paying for things, I feel it's only fair when you have a significant other, but will I pay for everything, drive my car everywhere and on top of that buy you random surprises? 
Hell no, help a sister out.

Are they only texting you late at night?
I WILL NOT BE YOUR BOOTY CALL.
No, I don't want to just "hang out."
You don't respect me as a woman.
If you only text me at 9pm and nothing during the day, no good morning text, forget about it.
I will not be subjected to this, and I will save my efforts for someone else.
"Sorry, Im just so busy" is what you say.
But what I hear is,
 "I'm too busy to text you good morning, but I can post things on social media multiple times a day."
It literally takes one minute, if that of your time.
If I'm not worth one minute to you then I'm over it.
Au Revoir Asshat.

Can they hold a conversation?
Do we have things in common or the same sense of humor?
Do I feel like I have to hold back the things I say in fear of what you'll think?
Do you actively listen and remember the things I say?
Bottom line, do you even give a shit?
No? Peace out dude.

Are they going to be a good husband and dad?
If you don't want kids, this won't work.
If you don't like kids or aren't willing to watch my nieces and nephews with me thats a red flag.
Kids are good judges of characters, as are dogs.
If my dog doesn't like you or you don't like him, I'm going to choose him.
EVERY TIME.   

Do they have a good relationship with your family?
I'm not saying things have to be perfect but, are you respectful to your mom and sisters?
Are you willing to share information about your family of how you grew up?
Do you want to incorporate me into your family?
No? I will get out before its too late.

Ask yourself, have I ever taken her for granted or taken advantage of her kindness?
Do I only call when I need something or when I finally realize I miss her?
If you've answered yes, chances are I'm already gone.
And this time, I won't be coming back, because I DESERVE BETTER.


Maybe this is brutal but I already had a dick of a husband, why would I want another one?

At the end of the day my friends,
 please stop wasting your energy on people who don't care about you.
They can say they do, but please look at their actions. Don't just believe their words.
 Invest in people who Invest in you!

Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment